The short answer is: contact Human Resources at the MUHC.
The long answer is that the MUHC is hiring 100s of workers every year, and the CIQ and the MUHC are exploring ways to maximize employment opportunities for the local population, including training programs.
Consider the following:
- The Glen Campus will become the major employer, for that part of Montreal, when it opens in 2015.
- The MUHC hires hundreds of new employees every year.
- In addition to hiring doctors, nurses and health professionals, the MUHC’s Glen Campus will also create many other jobs.
- The MUHC has over 200 job titles, many of which only require a high-school leaving certificate and a technical degree from a recognized school.
- Jobs at the MUHC are unionized and well-paid, but can be very demanding (split shifts, evenings and week-ends, challenging work environment).
- Government estimates suggest that, with the aging of the baby boomers, approximately 20% of workers in the Health Sector will be eligible to retire in the coming years.
- The MUHC, like many institutions in the Health Sector, will face some challenges in trying to address this problem.